How We Do It
Our service is Matrix accredited which ensures the quality of our advice and support services; this supports the people we work with to make the right choices for themselves.
Partnerships are essential in order to develop services that are all inclusive; we adopt a proactive approach to partnership working in order to continually develop our services; both specialist and mainstream providers are part of our networks.
We recognise the isolation that D/deaf children can face and for this reason many of our activities include people with all levels of hearing impairment. We also welcome friends and siblings of D/deaf children at some of our events. Our annual activity programme focuses on providing access to mainstream activities through the provision of communication support as well as activities specifically designed for D/deaf children and families.
We gather and monitor feedback from the people we support and other stakeholders as part of our quality assurance processes. It is important that people tell us what they think. Feedback is used to continually improve and develop our services. If you would like to provide feedback about our services please click here.
Our services include:
- Consultancy and training
- One-to-one support, including advocacy for children and parents
- Family Sign – supporting families to develop effective communication
- Information, advice and guidance
- Family events
- Access to mainstream youth activities
- Family and toddler groups
- Youth-led activities
- Integr8 (supporting children/young people in school who are disengaged and at risk of becoming NEET)
- Short breaks for parents through the provision of children’s activities
- Bespoke service packages
- Volunteering opportunities