The Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD) are pleased to announce their partnership with the Papworth Trust: Community Connections to support Deaf adults and young people living in Essex who are unemployed to access employment support.
Who can we support?
You MUST be Deaf, live in Essex, have the right to work in the UK and either be:
- Aged 15- 25 years who is at risk of or not in education, employment or training (NEET) and have been continuously unemployed for over 6 months.
- Aged 25+ and have been continuously unemployed for over 12 months.
What support do we provide?
Our specialist employment advisors can support you with:
- Career guidance
- CV writing
- Personal statements
- Job searching
- Interview practice
- Support with Access to Work
- Job Skills Hub
- Information sharing
What difference can our service make to you?
- Feel motivated to make positive changes in your life linked to employment.
- Know what kind of work or learning you would like to do and have a plan to achieve it.
- Improve your skills for work such as timekeeping, job searching, form filling and team work.
- Increase your qualifications and experience including skills such as reading, writing and numeracy.
- Understand your strengths and have a positive attitude to employment and learning.
- Feel confident to access other services in the community independently.
- Improve your wellbeing, confidence, self-esteem and relationships.
Who is funding this?
This project is called Building Better Opportunities. The National Lottery Community Fund is matching funds from the European Social Fund supporting projects across England to tackle poverty and promote social inclusion.
The Papworth Trust has partnered with the Royal Association for Deaf people to ensure their Essex and Building Better Opportunities contracts are accessible to Deaf people who meet the funding criteria.
How can you get in touch?
You can contact us in a number of ways:
SMS: 07851 423 866
Telephone: 0300 688 2525
Text Phone: 0300 688 2527
Fax: 0300 688 2526