‘A positive perception exists of RAD as part of the Deaf community, of being ‘in’ it, not representing it or being an organisation that is ‘about’ it.’
Research study from The University of Manchester
We are proud to be part of the Deaf Community.
Our Community Engagement Manager:
- Meets regularly with Deaf Clubs across London, Essex and Kent to gather feedback, signpost to other RAD services & partners, support the empowerment and sustainability of Deaf Clubs and identify needs that help develop and improve our services
- Delivers personal development training to the Deaf Community e.g. Well-being
- Works in partnership with the Deaf Chaplaincy Service to deliver the annual Christmas Carol Service for Deaf and Deafblind people at Chelmsford Cathedral
If you are a member of a Deaf Club and think your members would benefit from a visit and discussion with our Community Engagement Manager, email email@example.com
We work with mainstream services to improve accessibility for Deaf people via our Deaf Awareness Training and Deaf-Aware Quality Marks.
To discuss how we can work with you to make your organisation more Deaf Aware, contact our Community Engagement Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also work with the general public and community groups to raise Deaf Awareness.
Our Community and Corporate Fundraiser:
- Gives talks to community groups e.g. Rotary Clubs
- Gives talks to school children
- Attends public events and encourages people to learn some basic sign language
If you are a school or community group who would like to learn more about the Deaf Community and Deaf Awareness, email email@example.com